Workshop Facilities & Capabilities
Overhaul & Repair
WWPS has capability to overhaul and repair upto 27,000 HP horizontal, induction and synchronous motors, 5,000 KW vertical motors and 2,500 KW generators.
In our workshops our current lifting capacity is 4 x 12.5 tons and 2 x 25 tons, when used with a spreader beam maximum capacity is 50 tons.
Our current test equipment is as follows:
- 2 x 80 KV DC hipotronics test units
- 1 x 25 KV PJ electronics surge tester
- 1 x lexseco core tester for use up to 5,500 KW stators
- 1 x IRD 258 portable vibration analyser
- 2 x fluke power analyser
- 3 x 5 KV meggers
- Various hand held multimeters, tachometers etc
Rewinds – Capability upto 27,000 HP induction and synchronos stators with current capability for rewinding upto 10MW, 13.8 KV stators.
Cold Stripping – Manual cold stripping, to be carried out by hand.
Balancing – 20 tons capacity
Varnish Dip Tank – 4m x 3m x 3m
Varnish VPI Tank – 3m x 3m (will be fitted mid 2015)
Bake Oven – 4m x 4m x 3m
Burn Off Oven – 3m x 3m x 2m
De-stack and Re-stack – Upto 6,000 HP stator core